Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Today I went to the post office.

"Need to blog... Don't really need to blog at all."  There's no deadline here.  Almost 4 weeks of winter silence and here I say hello.  Put a big quotation around the description "Weekly Blog."
       There's a collection of stamps and postcards acquired from the past few years and so I thought I'd send some around and also a couple of packages.  I still use old school mail, tried and true, now and then.
       Blog can be a release, blog can be pressure.  Each minute that passes when you're not typing a worthy word can be another minute gone, and for what??  An open letter to the public about anything.  Yes, I do love to keep in touch and love this free, unlimited way of communication, but often I feel out of touch with the physical, breathing world when fiddling too long with a digital device.
       What can I say?  I don't follow anyone's blog- well, I did follow a couple of friends', but theirs are currently inactive, I believe.  I regularly read blogs, yes, when I type in a topic of interest and it takes me somewhere and I check out what's been written on the subject and get lost surfing.  I have a new album that I'm about to release any day now, and it takes up a lot of time and energy, so I am not always in the mood to regularly post.  Yet, I haven't gotten rid of it.  Sometimes I become post-happy because I truly delight in sharing with the world. 
       Doesn't it seem silly to constantly post everything about yourself, though? That is the norm now, too, I know.  It seems like people aren't around their true friends enough in the real world and are seeking a fix of validation in the digital world.  Yet, I'm not gonna bitch. It's fun, too.
       This is the "silly season" for my blog, I suppose.  Do you ever look up words you already know just to read the meaning of them?  How could that word possibly be explained?  So I came across:

                                  PHRASES

the silly season:  high summer, regarded as the season when newspapers often publish trivial material because of a lack of important news.

Seems like silly season is year-round these days... 
I am proud of the students of this country making a stand, though.

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment