Friday, January 26, 2018

Reincarnated Blog~

Back from the dead, sort of.  I was never intending to keep this blog down under for good.  It's back in some sort of weekly form again, yet never settled on a day.  It's a test of endurance, for one.  An experiment for my own personal amusement and some others, as well as other purposes, perhaps. 

Facebook, I've had it with it.  I love it as a way to stay in contact with people whose numbers I've lost, etc, and many post some good stuff, but I think the algorithm has me blacklisted, either because I criticized FB before and/or because I experimented with an ad before.  At any rate, my posts never show in feeds anymore.  It's definitely not a good way to get the word out about anything that's important to me or any type of creative work or play.  It's a huge advertising machine that is playing with people's narcissism and a popularity contest-for-profit.  Of course, there's so much potential there and I do love the good things about it, and I understand that things need money to survive, but I am ready for another platform that is more beneficial at least for musicians and the like.  Zuckerberg did state that FB was having problems and he was dedicating this year to fixing Facebook, and I hope he does. 
          So below is my eulogy that I posted on my page that not a single person saw.  I aim to be back to the blog next week.  Just squeezing this in as unexpected events keep transpiring to keep the blog down.  Tomorrow, if I can make it, I will be at a funeral in another state and then at the airport in the next state to pick up a visitor from another country then back to where I left, 6 hours on the road. 

3 days and still reeling about the news of Jarrod Chisum.
He was on the scene with me, and us, through so many pivotal
moments, not the least playing bass with us during my first ever
public performances as a band (though he’d been playing in bands
since he was like 10 years old!) and the first paying gig when I
was 15.  Extreme ups and downs, lots of tragic yet definitely lots
of comic, too- some of the funniest moments ever with him. 
So many stories- really, a legendary character.  I’ll say, we’ll
celebrate your spirit and remember the good times. RIP, Pal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment