Wednesday, January 3, 2018

First Notes for 2018.

Waking up in the blustery cold icy feet morning, tired, achy limbs, heavy sagging eyes to go fight the loud honking traffic and be somewhere you don't love when the holiday is gone, writing, Ugh, blog- Happy New Year 2018! There will be warm happy times and beds will be soft and cush and always more laughs.

Here, I am just checking in, getting back in the ring.  I'm not gonna rattle off a laundry list of resolutions.  I know the kinds of things I want to do and just will hope and try to end this year with more $moolah in the bank account than now.  The Workshop of Me's are cranking it out in overtime mode right now.  There's an art show I'm giving for the month of February at Picasso's Cafe in Oklahoma City, which I am now preparing.  I'll send invites out soon.

There's also a new album of songs almost made, a collection of short stories I have to put together and just self-publish for now in private.  I just want to print them on paper and get them off the digital format for now and it's actually cheaper to publish them in a professional paperback form than a typical computer ink cartridge.  I wrote about this once before, how a $20 cartridge was out of ink by the time it was about page 200, but I printed almost 400-pages that cost about a $10 paperback.  That's def one reason to self-publish.  Also, I watched my director's cut and am making a few quick cuts and making another long, raw version, then will make it into a part 1 and 2 with intermission then maybe shave off a good 30 minutes of fat- many versions because I'm just not sure.

So all these 4 personas are currently at work.  Sometime I might drop some of them and just be mainly one for a while.  There are other things that keep getting pushed on the back burner that I want to get cooking more soon.

This blog is just ramblings on the down low for whoever happens to stumble upon it. I don't push it too hard and not even sure how to do that without being a pest and that doesn't work anyway.  Certainly, social media doesn't help get the word out to anyone in regards to this stuff because it seems to float in stagnant water and it asks me for money to boost the post.  Out of curiosity, I checked out a Facebook ad, and I accidentally ran one.  I was charged $20 from Facebook and never even hit a "Run ad" button. Sheeit.  I noticed the blog had hundreds of more readers than normal, supposedly.

I'll post this and read it later.  I also noticed my book here is available on Barnes & Noble now.

Check back soon.

Bottom of the blog plug:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/umbrellas-oer-haloes-brett-horton/1127245509?ean=9781304352378
(alternate cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment