Tuesday, March 13, 2012

sailboats and sunsets according to pundits

As I was sitting on a bench gazing out far into the manmade lake
contemplating ancient sea voyages when the world was perceived
to have 4 corners, as the sun was going down and imagining sailing
towards the sinking fiery orb to see what was the faraway land,
my fingers walking the keys of my recently repaired, completely
rebuilt accordion in a lyrical daydream of this.  An accordion makes
even the plainest of days infused with a romanticism, makes even the
plains Mediterranean, exotic, strangely mystifying and even a bit
sinisterly foreboding, a primitive old feeling of adventure.
    I just bought some used straps for 10 bucks from the repairman.
He told me the shorter one goes on my left shoulder, "just adjust
it accordingly," at which I could not resist that old joke, "accordionly,"
feeling like a campy, vaudevillian one-liner.  I bought a birthday card
once that had a pop-up accordion player with music accordingly and
made use of that pun.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment