Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Future History

(my tuesday blog on wednesday)

The previous post was merely me making a Tuesday post on a Tuesday, to keep in
consistency with the past several months of regularity and to not break my posting flow
and to keep building the record.  This is the follow-up.  The previous post was an
expression of antipathy regarding time constraint, deadlines, schedules, actually, the
general fleeting and rushing nature of time.  Also, the pressure of keeping a record
open for the public (or a few friends) as opposed to the more natural private tendency
of writing.  Just a backlash of blogging and a spontaneous rebellion against bloggers
(and myself), as if everyone has something almighty important to say all the time,
anyway.  As if everything needs to be documented or photographed.  One of these days
perhaps the documents will crumble or the photographs will wither away.  Or if they're
stored on a digital device perhaps they'll just zap, be gone.  And some things in some
formats will last through the ages.  Or, maybe a lot more will last in the vaults than I
anticipate.  That would be great for future history.  I hope so.  We'll just keep snapping
this on our phone, saving this, and we'll just store the whole gargantuan pile in another
dimension of sorts.

      It's just that I know so many people who have lost all their pictures, files, etc. when their computer crashed, so be sure to go print some of your favorite pictures now and then.  All that being said, I like the blog, it's just a small percentage of the writing I do.  Though some weeks, it's the only writing I do.

      The label is releasing a new album by Sad Sad Bicycle on New Year's Eve, entitled
Broken Wing.  This will be followed by several more releases by others.


No comments:

Post a Comment