Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Darn My Socks

In a hurry to leave for Portland 2morrow morning, I've been running errands, including doing laundry.  For the past couple of years, I've had a couple of favorite pairs of socks, at least a select few I prize above the others.  Now, they were getting tattered around the edges, loose threads.  I have a pair of navy blue socks that had white threads jutting out.  I guess the washer and dryer have been tumbling too hard?  They're just getting worn.  So I didn't have to quite darn my own socks, but I took a pair of scissors and began cutting away all the loose ends and so now they're pretty close back to good-as-new.  But even socks have a life-span.  I don't have a lot of socks with me right now.  They've been dwindling.  They're disappearing.  Some were left in another town.  I saw my sister-in-law over Thanksgiving weekend, and she was wearing a pair.
        I've never actually came to Christmastime where I am actually wishing for new pairs of socks, but this is the case.  Never once have I wished for a pair of socks for a present, but now I'll be grateful.
        Recording session on Friday in Portland at classic Jackpot Studio.  Looking forward to it!   Next week I'll be looking backward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment