Tuesday, October 4, 2011

3 Weeks and 6,000 Miles of Bug Guts

         Got back some days ago from that home on wheels.
An episode yesterday (I'm attempting to write these earlier
in the week now so everything isn't rushed and pressured),
and this I didn't realize until after I was in the parking lot:
I had 2 encounters with 2 famous Wayne's in 6 days. 
Looked up in a coffee shop and there was Wayne Coyne of
the Flaming Lips almost sitting next to me, talking to some googly-eyed girl.  
A few feet away, he stirred his coffee and went on his merry
way.  We looked at each other for a second, and I'd been 
debating about introducing myself, or what I'd have to say, but
schmoozing's not really my specialty, so I just said an old-fashioned
"How's it going?" but he didn't seem to hear me, maybe all those loud concerts.
Or maybe he did and replied and I didn't hear him.
I met with Matt McCleary after this on a patio cafe, and he laughed aloud
and said it sounded like a SNL skit.  "So you didn't say anything a second time
because you feel stupid."
    The other one was Wayne Brady on his Hollywood game show, Let's
Make A Deal.  Something about Wayne Brady, when you mention his name,
people just chuckle. McCleary said I should've asked Wayne Coyne, "Hey,
are you Wayne Brady?"  
    Close encounters of the third kind- close encounters of the Weird Kind.
    A few days later I ran across him again.
    Oops. Time is precious and short- I'm writing a story right now and also working
on a new album.  I'm hoping to do 2 albums a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment