Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Public Diary~

       This here is my public diary for those who have braved the binary labyrinth and arrived here deep in this well-hidden chamber.  This is mainly for kicks, I suppose, yet also serves a purpose at times and sometimes its purpose is kicks.  I assure you my real journal is juicier and much more an in-depth narrative, but that is something that also goes in phases.  Sometimes a long run, sometimes closed and unwritten for long epochs.
        The blog has been calling my name again lately, and I have heeded its call.  Let's see how long I can keep up a weekly date. Lord knows I've tried these things a few times before and surfed it a while until I wiped out.  I am probably the worst person I've ever met at keeping a regular routine, but surely I can get something aligned, right?
         Officially, though, I have never really met myself, at least not like other people meet me, right?  Just in the mirror and on screen... I've never seen myself in real life other than reflection and photography.  That's something I contemplate sometimes.
         I certainly go off on tangents and scenic detours others don't notice (though others definitely notice things that I don't.)
         Part of me craves being in the public eye on the stage, on the screen, a weekly hello and reach out across the world and another part of me wants to be quiet and private and unknown, full of inner life, like a tree in the middle of a forest.
         The first time this blog was derailed was when I lived in the middle of a rain forest in Alaska.  The Tongass rain forest.  There was no internet.  Just real spiders with large webs in the corners of cabins. Eventually, I got the web rigged up out there, but it was slow, and I lost my stride.  I picked it back up, then I ended up in China with its "Great Firewall."  Facebook, Youtube, etc. blocked and then finally all of Google.  How frustrating it is.  That first trip I didn't dabble with a VPN (Virtual Private Network), like almost all foreigners do, and I was just disconnected from it all.  It was kind of nice being a virtual hermit, but next round, I sure as hell got one.
          Right now, I'm feeling this sometime usually between a Tuesday and Wednesday.
          And now, I'd like to introduce you to some friends of mine.  Ladies and gentlemen... !

         



       
        

No comments:

Post a Comment