Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Brief Briefing in Boxer Shorts

Yes, so we just released Broken Wing by Sad Sad Bicycle (aka songwriter Sai Esquivel Lomas) and if you haven't checked it out yet (Lo-Fi Till I Die is written underneath Broken Wing) hop on over to www.williecryrecords.com  or  http://sadsadbicycle.bandcamp.com  where you can stream the entire thing and download it by naming your own price.  I forget at the moment if the download minimum is free or one buck, because thoughts of many projects, both mine and friends', are swirling in my noggin. If you have happened to check out the new album, then know that the lyrics have just been posted on the Bandcamp page.  Strange how a certain song can seem unintelligible, then you read the lyrics while listening to it, and it all suddenly seems so clear and how was this not so obvious?

If anyone is in the OKC area, come out to Will Rogers Theatre on Sunday night, January 15th, for a free screening unveiling of "? the movie,"  which I actually wrote, directed and produced, though it's advertised as "Alexander Anonymous." Don't know where these things come from, but the drawing of Alexander Anonymous is an Eskimo, and I thought it strange, an Eskimo director.  Then, I relistened to The Songs Of Leonard Cohen, and there's a verse about "An Eskimo showed me a movie..." and I thought about Leonard and Alexander knowing each other.  It screens at 7:30 pm.  I think Gilbert Brayenstein may make an appearance.

(Below, Alexander Anonymous's only official comic strip.  He only worked in the comic strip business for one day.  He wasn't paid, so who can blame him?  Just because he's drunk all the time doesn't mean he's anybody's schmuck.  Swiped from the Gardes' website.)



No comments:

Post a Comment