Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekly Blog (Happy New Year!) 1-02-11


      So I haven't done much blogging before- a little bit on myspace.  Each time I get involved with a new type of account, it's the same rigmarole of getting acquainted with the layout.  Just a week or so ago, I was asked to drop by Inner State Studio in Oklahoma City to record a song for Acoustic Oklahoma.  My choice of song didn't make the cut because it was eight minutes long- a song called "See What I Mean", so I did a rendition of this- "Gabriel Lane", a pretty mellow version- and the full version didn't get posted, either.  Oh well- this is a song that goes best with 2 guitars- I hope to put it on the next studio band album.  It'll sound a lot different.  Also, a song by Adam Miller- he was playing drums with Aaron and I out in Portland the other week, to this song, too- he dropped by a few days after I did, in town for the holidays.  For those of you who are new to this e-letter/blog, we have a free new album download, along with a lot more music you can listen to and get, at  http://thegardes.bandcamp.com








1 comment:

  1. Sounds good Brett, I am looking to get a tour started in April so if you are still down to join I would love it.

    ReplyDelete