Monday, August 3, 2026

Post-blog

 


Yet it still remains.  Some years have gone down the drain.  Or maybe some spawned wings and flew out of here.  The writing continues, however, just in a more old school form.    

     So much, in fact, that I report that there are new books that have been written.  All the earlier books have been unpublished.  The plan is to publish new editions of those along with new and never released books under the new imprint, Henbit Press.  This along with ebooks of each, all of it in a package better than ever before.  The first one due out is Complaints of a Bandoneon, a novel about Buenos Aires, tentatively scheduled for January of 2027.  Just keep an eye out.   

With all of that and everything else going on, at one point this precise blog just slipped right out of my mind and perhaps that was its time.  At one point, looking back, I see this was a weekly blog then it was a ("sometimes"), then eventually became not even yearly.  None of this was on purpose nor was I even much conscious of it.  I've given it a few whirls, but posting things on a regular basis just to say anything or something to the public doesn't feel very necessary to me right now and also it feels like constantly putting myself on the spot.  Instead I'm following the trail within and without and writing and publishing where it may lead on its own terms.  

The point is, I'm keeping this blog up for the sake of it, and I may or may not pop in now and then.   Just disregard anything earlier concerning publications of books.  They are not in circulation, and if you have or find one, it's a very rare copy.  From henceforth, other than a few prototypes, my writings will be marked with Henbit Press, starting in '27  until perhaps that changes one day or maybe that will be "all she wrote."

The nature of a note is being short, though, so I will leave this by saying,  thanks for reading and listening, if you do. Hopefully you get something out of it, and if you do, hopefully it's not something you warped into the exact opposite of what I'm saying.  I doubt that's the case with most of you.  

The music is still out there with plans of more to come.  If you're into real records, please seek them out in record stores.  Also, these can be streamed on the major platforms.  Don't forget the Gardes and all our music-making friends.  

Regardes,

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment